With back to school anxiety over with and everyone getting back into a rhythm, October is a great month to start pushing holiday campaigns starting with Halloween.
Below is a printable calendar for October 2021. Hopefully this easy reference can help you plan events, sales, and marketing. You certainly don’t need to create something for every day, do pick the days that work best for your business and brand.
- World Smile Day
- Nothing makes people smile more than sharing the excitement of gaming and hobbies. Find a way to share the smiles with your customers on this day.
- National Name Your Car Day
- Who doesn’t have a name for their car? A great way of interacting with customers and clients without directly marketing products to them. Get some discussion going on social media. Maybe even have a contest looking for the coolest car name.
- National Taco Day
- Like pizza and cheeseburgers, tacos are a staple in the geek’s food pyramid. Take the day to celebrate those crunchy delights and generate some engagement. Unless you like soft shells. Then just skip today. Next year it will be on a Tuesday!
- National Get Funky Day
- Get Funky Day isn’t just about funk music or culture. It’s also about getting out of your comfort zone and letting loose. Find a way to break out of your comfort zone and encourage others to do the same. Maybe it’s trying a new game or hobby.
- National Hero Day
- Today isn’t necessarily about celebrating super heroes, but celebrating those people in our lives that we see as personal heroes. Maybe it’s recognizing an employee that went above and beyond, or a customer who did something extra. Find those people and celebrate them today.
- National Chess Day
- As one of the original board games, Chess has existed in one form or another since the fifth century. Promote those special edition chess sets, set up a learn-to-play table, and invite customers to learn more about this classic game.
- World Mental Health Day
- Talking more about mental health takes the stigma away and encourages more people to reach out for help. Gaming and hobbies are often escapes from mental stress. It’s important to create safe spaces both in store and on social media.
- Native American Day/Columbus Day
- While Columbus Day is a federal holiday, many states now celebrate Native American Day or Indigenious People’s Day to celebrate the tribes and cultures of those living in America before colonists arrived. Larger retailers will use this long weekend for sales.
- National Stop Bullying Day
- Bullying comes in many forms and is not limited to just schools. Bullying can lead to more serious issues and sometimes even suicide. Today would be a good day to promote the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and the Suicide National Hopeline.
- National Bring Your Teddy Bear to Work Day
- Nothing is more comforting than your old teddy bear pal. Didn’t have a teddy bear, I’m sure you can get by with whatever squishable stuffed animal you had. Stores with any kind of plushie or stuffed toy can take advantage of this day.
- National Shawarma Day
- Not only is shawarma one of the tastiest Middle Eastern methods for cooking meat, but it’s also the Avenger’s go-to post fight meal. Ever since the Avengers post credit scene shawarma has finally gotten the spotlight it deserves.
- National Sports Day
- October is one of the few months out of the year when almost all major sports are in action at the same time. Celebrate those local sports teams and promote those sports themed products.
- National Youth Confidence Day
- Believe it or not, competitive tabletop gaming like Magic or Pokemon helps build youth confidence. Being able to accept losing a game or a match and continue to play and work on getting better has a positive effect on confidence. Today would be a great time to remind others of this connection.
- Support Your Local Chamber of Commerce Day
- If you’re a member of your local Chamber of Commerce make a shout out to them and all they do to help businesses and the community. If you’re not, take the time to learn what your local Chamber is all about and see if it’s a right fit for you.
- Get to Know Your Customers Day
- Building better relationships with your customers helps to build a better business. Ask your customers questions, follow up on recent purchases, and talk with other businesses on what their approach is.
- Back to the Future Day
- Today is the day Marty McFly traveled into the “future” to 2015. Back to the Future is one of the all time great movie classics and a geek fave?. You can’t go wrong with celebrating this day.
- National First Responders Day
- First Responders are literally the frontline heroes saving lives every day. This would be a great day to acknowledge their efforts and heroism.
- National Cat Day
- When they’re not breaking the internet with cute videos cats also make great companions. Shelters are full of cats that need homes. If you have one nearby, connect with them and see if you help promote their efforts to find loving homes for these adorable animals.
- Ideas for this holiday would be too many to list. Pick one or two and run with them.